Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Running VS Radiant Barrier Foil


It's true, something has come between me and my running, installing Energy Q radiant barrier foil in the attic. Even though it's only May, it's so dadgum hot up there I can only work for part of the day and then I'm more wilted than week-old lettuce.

No juice left over for running. After all, I've got to use part of my allotted daytime doing other things, like pounding this keyboard.

I'm going back up there again in the morning, but I'm going to unclamp the flex duct from the air conditioner to my home office to cool the attic space.

I had a good treadmill run last weekend. I would have been outside but I wanted to watch the Kentucky Derby on the overhead TV. Talk about multi-tasking. But those horses are awesome, yes? But it's enough to scare a runner. They put those horses down when they go lame.

That radiant barrier thing is awesome too. Energy Q claims that it stops 97% of heat which is important during air conditioner season. That's saying something here in South Texas, which is a good place to be today because it's Cinco de Mayo, otherwise known as "The Great Beer Holiday."

My Mexican friends (the few who actually have social security numbers that they didn't buy at the flea market) tell me they don't really celebrate it at all back home. It's a thinly-veiled ploy to sell more Tecate and Corona to us gringos.

MakeBeer.net - Sure beats stamp collecting!

I expect to be re-hydrated soon. From the attic, not by the Tecate. Since the warm weather is now here, it's time to dust off my Fuelbelt hydration belt and hit the trails. See y'all on the trails, highways and byways!

Visit to Read Free Home Improvement and Repair Articles

1 comment: